Health Care Exchange Notification Due to Employees October 1, 2013*
*New update: the Department of Labor decided, on Sept. 17th, that it will no longer impose the $100 penalty if you fail to notify your employees; however, we still recommend you share this information with your employees so that they are well informed. The October 1st deadline is no longer critical but is recommended or as soon as possible thereafter.*
The Affordable Care Act requires employers subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) to notify employees and new-hires of their coverage options under the new Health Insurance Marketplaces (“Marketplace”) (aka Health Care Exchanges) opening January 1, 2014.
If you have revenue greater than $500,000 and have one or more employees, you must comply with a new Department of Labor requirement. You must send a Notice to Employees of Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options. The effective date of this notice is October 1, 2013*.
The Exchange Notice must inform employees of coverage options and must include information regarding the existence of the new Marketplace (Health Care Exchanges) as well as contact information and description of the services provided by the new Marketplace. The notice must also inform the employee that the employee may be eligible for a premium tax credit if the employee purchases through the Marketplace and that the employee may lose the employer contribution (if any) to any health benefits plan offered by the employer if the employee purchases a qualified plan through the Marketplace.
This required notice must be provided NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 1, 2013*. The notice must be distributed in writing and may be provided electronically.
The Department of Labor (DOL) has given two options for the required notice:
1. The first model notice is to be used when the employer currently DOES provide a group health insurance plan. This notice can be found at: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/FLSAwithplans.pdf. Note: IF YOU PROVIDE A GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN, CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE PROVIDER, THEY MAY PREPARE THIS NOTICE FOR YOU.
2. The second model notice is to be used when the employer currently DOES NOT provide a group health insurance plan. This notice can be found at: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/pdf/FLSAwithoutplans.pdf.
Part A is general information, Part B you will need to fill in your Employer information. After adding all the employer information please save parts A & B to your computer. You can then distribute the notice to your employees by printing paper copies or providing email notification.
If you have any questions please contact your accountant. We will be happy to answer your questions if possible, or find out more information if needed.
Edwards & Associates
Extremely successful dental practice with 2 locations in the Norfolk, VA area is looking to add another Associate Doctor. It’s a great practice and a great opportunity!
If you have any friends or colleagues in that area, feel free to pass this along. Just get in touch with us and we will pass the information along to the interested party.
It is our desire at RT Edwards & Associates to continue to surround you all with other expert dental professionals. We’d like to introduce you all to SUMMIT DENTAL LAB, LTD.
Summit Dental Lab is one of the premier esthetic labs in the country; founded in 1983. The company is owned by Hal Jones, CDT and his wife, Glenda.
Summit Dental Lab is unique!
They do their best to help your practice succeed by embracing technological advances and offering proven marketing solutions to help your practice grow.
Their knowledge and confidence in esthetics, complex implants, and full mouth rehabilitation is unparalleled in the industry. What benefits will you enjoy when working with Summit?
• Precise fits and reduced chair time, giving you confidence in even the most complex case deliveries.
• Stunning esthetics and increased patient satisfaction, generating a WOW! effect that fuels more referrals.
• Personal enjoyment again – Getting back to loving what you do.
Value-added measures include:
• Magnification is required at each stage of production, to ensure precise fits and flawless margins
• Alloys care cast with Bego vacuum-pressure casting equipment, to guarantee dense castings and accurate margins.
• Larger frameworks are designed to YAG laser-welding, for dependable passive fits.
• Soft tissue models and solid models are used to embrace and pontic contours, as well as interproximal contacts, to assure consistently beautiful results in the mouth.
• Summit Diagnostic Wax-up
• Porcelain fused-to-metal
Please call them today to experience the advantages Summit can bring to your practice. Their goal is to surpass your expectations … and Help You Reach New Heights!
Karen Edds 254-772-1051.
Summit Dental Lab, Ltd.
6900 Sanger Avenue
Waco, TX 76710
Please visit their website www.summit-dental.com.
As a courtesy to our clients, we want to remind you that foreign account forms are due to be received by the IRS by June 30, 2013. If this might apply to you please continue reading.
If you have a financial interest in or signature authority over a foreign financial account(s), including a bank account, brokerage account, mutual fund, trust, or other type of foreign financial account that, combined, exceeded $10,000 at any time during the calendar year 2012, the Bank Secrecy Act requires you to report the account to the IRS by filing Form TD F 90-22.1, Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts. This must be RECEIVED by the IRS by JUNE 30, 2013 and cannot be extended. Penalties for failing to file are $10,000 per account for non-willful violations and may be as high as $100,000 per account for willful violations.
Please contact us immediately with the following information for each account if you need to make this disclosure and would like us to prepare the forms on your behalf.
• Maximum value of account during the year in US dollars and/or foreign currency including currency type.
• Type of account, such as bank or securities.
• Name of financial institution where account is held.
• Account number.
• Mailing address of financial institution including country.
• Who owns the account—you, your spouse or joint.
Also, if you have signature or other authority only over a foreign financial account, in addition to the above information, we will need the following:
• Name or organization name of the owner.
• Tax identification number of owner.
• Address of owner.
FOR SALE: Used CEREC AC Unit
This just in….
Jeff McAdoo, our Benco representative, knows of a used CEREC AC Unit for sale. It is selling for $ 80,000 (pd. $120,000)
Great condition, hardly used. The owner will finance at 12 mos. at 0%.
Please call Jeff with Benco direct at (214) 675-1061 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org